Public Computers -COVID-19
The library currently has 2 public computers with internet access and printing capabilities for patron use due to the current pandemic, computer use is by appointment only. Please call the library (856) 848-9149 to schedule an appointment. Patrons will be limited to one hour of use. Staff will not be able to assist you. Please present a valid photo ID at the circulation desk when you come for your scheduled appointment.
Fees for Printing
- Black & White Print: $0.15 per page
- Color Print: $0.50 per page
Computer Use Policy
Regulations and Procedures:
- Anyone holding a LOGIN library card in good standing may use the public computers.
- Patrons who do not hold a LOGIN library card may use the computers as a guest if they show a current photo ID.
- Patrons must sign-in at the circulation desk before using the public computers.
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis. If all computers are in use, patrons’ names will be added to a waiting list.
- During periods of high-usage, computer use time may be limited to one hour.
- Patrons requiring longer than one hour to complete their work (such as writing a paper or resume, filling an online form, etc.) may ask a circulation staff member for an extension. Extensions are granted at the sole discretion of the library staff, based on the demand for the public computers. Time extensions will not be granted for patrons playing online games, using social networking sites, watching videos, etc.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent while using the computers.
- Patrons who wish to hear audio content on library computers must use headphones. Headphones are not provided by the library.
- Patrons may not use the library’s computers for any activity that is patently offensive, intrusive, disruptive, harassing, or that creates an intimidating or hostile environment to staff or to other patrons.
- Patrons may not utilize the library’s computers in violation of any local, state or federal ordinances, regulations or laws, including copyright laws. Users engaged in illegal activities involving the library’s computers may be subject to prosecution.
- Users may be liable for alterations or damage they cause to library hardware or software, including knowingly uploading or installing worms, viruses, or Trojan horses, or transmitting viruses that affect other users’ accounts or the library’s systems.
- Patrons should report any computer problems to library staff and must not attempt maintenance on library computers, including unplugging, disconnecting, powering on or off, and/or detaching any PC hardware or components.
- The public computers shut down ten minutes prior to closing — At 8:50 PM, Monday through Thursday; and at 3:50 PM, on Friday and Saturday.
- Library staff are unable to recover data once a computer sessions ends. To save a document, the patron must copy it to his/her media or online data storage during the computer session.
- The library is not responsible for any damage to disks, any loss of data, nor any damage or liability that may occur from a patron’s use of the library’s computers.
- The library is not responsible for any loss or liability that may occur as a result of the disclosure of financial or other personal information over the library’s public computer services, including Internet or email use. Users should be aware that use of public computers is not a private or secure medium and that third parties may be able to obtain information regarding user’s activities.
- Patrons under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian give consent, on their application, for the minor to use the Internet on the library’s computers.
- There is a fee of $0.15 per page for black and white printing and a fee of $.50 per page for color printing. All print jobs must be completed and paid for before the library closes. Print jobs left in the library will be held at the circulation desk for 24 hours.
- Failure to abide by this policy may result in the loss of borrowing privileges. Borrowing privileges will be revoked on a case-by-case basis by the library staff.
By using a library computer, the user agrees to conform to all regulations contained in this policy. All users of library computers agree to indemnify and hold the library harmless for any claims, losses, damages, obligations, or liabilities arising out of the use of the library’s computers. The library reserves the right to monitor use of the computers for the limited purpose of ensuring compliance with these policies and reserves the right to terminate a computer session and/or suspend library privileges of anyone who violates the library’s computer use policies without any notice.
Wireless Internet Access (WiFi) Use
The Deptford Free Public Library provides Wireless Internet Access to its patrons. The library is not responsible for any loss or liability that may occur as a result of the disclosure of financial or other personal information over the library’s public WiFi access. Users should be aware that public WiFi is not a private or secure medium and that third parties may be able to obtain information regarding user’s activities. To obtain the WiFi password, please see a Circulation staff member.